Qualis becomes a Disability Confident Employer
Qualis has signed up to become a Disability Confident committed employer.
Qualis is now part of the movement of change, encouraging employers to think differently about disability and take action to improve how they recruit, retain and develop the talents that disabled people can bring to the workplace. It also helps customers and other businesses identify those employers who are committed to equality in the workplace.
Disability Confident helps businesses:
- draw from the widest possible pool of talent
- secure and retain high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
- save time and money on the costs of recruitment and training by reducing staff turnover
- keep valuable skills and experience
- reduce the levels and costs of sickness absences
- improve employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that they treat all employees fairly
Accreditation lasts three years and in order to be recognised as Disability Confident, a business needs to agree to the following commitments:
- inclusive and accessible recruitment
- communicating vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people
- providing reasonable adjustments
- supporting existing employees
Accredited employers must identify at least one action it will carry out to make a difference for disabled people. These include providing work experience and work trials, paid employment, apprenticeship opportunities, traineeships, student placements and job shadowing, internships, and sector-based work academy placements.